This website is owned and operated by British Approvals Service for Cables (BASEC) and is made available to you with your agreement to the following terms and conditions detailed below;
By using the site, pages and links, as well as the services available, you are deemed to accept these terms and conditions and any additional terms and conditions which expressly apply to services and information provided by third parties. In order to be transparent with our operations we have provided specific details for your information and understanding. BASEC is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name and job title when you provide this information as part of an enquiry form.
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys such as the nature of your technical enquiry.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Other information we collect
- Social buttons. On many of the pages of the BASEC site you will see ‘social buttons’. These enable users to share or bookmark the web pages. There are buttons for: Twitter, Facebook ‘Like’, and LinkedIn ‘Share’. In order to implement these buttons and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of BASEC. You should be aware that these sites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on BASEC’s site. So, if you click on any of these buttons, these sites will be registering that action and may use that information. In some cases, these sites will be registering the fact that you are visiting BASEC, and the specific pages you are on, even if you don’t click on the button if you are logged into their services, like Facebook. You should check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt out, or delete, such information.
- External web services. We use some external web services on the BASEC site, mostly to display content within our web pages, to facilitate page turning for example or to link to a clip on YouTube. This is not an exhaustive or complete list of the services we use, or might use in the future, when embedding content, but these are the most common. As with the social buttons we cannot prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information on your usage of this embedded content. If you are not logged in to these external services then they will not know who you are but are likely to gather anonymous usage information e.g. number of views, plays, loads etc.
- Email tracking. Some emails that we send you, have no tracking in at all, for example personal correspondence or emails with invoices attached. Other emails we send we put in tracking with MailChimp so that we can tell how much traffic those emails send to our site and we can track, at an individual level, whether the user has opened and clicked on the email. We rarely use the latter information at a personal level, rather we use it to understand open and click rates on our emails to try and improve them. Sometimes we do use the personal information e.g. to re-email people who didn’t click the first time. If you want to be sure that none of your email activity is tracked then you should unsubscribe from our email. An unsubscribe link will be on each email sent to your mail box.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the EU Regulation on General Data Protection 2016/679 (“GDPR”) *. This service is free unless the request is unfounded or excessive, then we reserve the right to make a reasonable charge. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to BASEC, Presley House, Presley Way, Crownhill, Milton Keynes, UK MK8 0ES. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- The material on our site is given for general information only and does not constitute professional advice. You should take specific advice before taking a course of action as we do not accept directly or indirectly any responsibility for loss arising directly or indirectly from reliance on information on this site.
- Given that the Internet uses an open system we cannot warrant that the site and downloads reach you virus-free. You must, therefore, take all appropriate precautions for your own safety.
- We try and make sure that the site is available continuously, as we are aware that it contains information to which companies may need regular access. Occasionally the site may be down due to no fault of our own, or because it requires essential maintenance. We will endeavour to do this at all times with minimal disruption.
- Our liability and the liability of our third-party suppliers, for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of your use of this site is limited to your actual direct damages and ,except in the case of fraud, excludes any loss of future earnings, profit or prospects or any consequential or speculative loss. As required by law, this exclusion does not extend to death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
- Governing Law – these terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with English law and all disputes will be decided by the English courts. Copyright © 2018 BASEC Cables.